Posted: 48 Days ago
Equine Apprentice Coach & Groom
Days per week 5
Job Work Type Full time
Sector Riding School
Job Type Apprentice
Salary £150.50 per week (apprentice wage)
TrainingOpportunity to compete
Are you looking to start your Equine career? Ryders Farm Equestrian Centre is a 5-star Local Authority Approved Centre and highly commended BHS approved riding centre, livery yard, and BHS Where to Train centre based in Bolton, Manchester. We have a great opportunity for the right apprentice to join our team.
To work full-time on a variety of projects plus a work-based level 2/3 Standard in Equine through Askham Bryan College.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain health and welfare of Centre horses
- Perform general yard tasks to a high standard, mucking out, haynets, general cleanliness and pasture management
- Grooming and handling horses; understanding and recognising behaviour and ailments. Minor equine first aid
- Riding and exercising horses; lunging, schooling etc.
- Supporting our team of coaches and developing your own coaching portfolio/skills
- Cleaning, fitting, and maintaining tack and equipment
- Working with members of the public and becoming familiar with business management of a busy centre;
- developing customer relations and communication skills
- Monitor Health and safety of clients and workforce, including themselves
We can offer you a pro-active apprenticeship as the perfect foundation for your professional equestrian career. Working with Askham Bryan College and approved and approved training framework alongside our in-house team, we will help you achieve nationally recognised NVQ qualifications through a structured training programme, gaining experience both on the job and through other work. We take development very seriously and the ideal candidate will be supported through their BHS Pathways with financial support towards exam costs.
This is not for the faint-hearted as it involves hard work both theory and practical so you need to be well motivated. You will work a 5 day week, including at least one weekend day.
Why choose RFEC ????
- We are a BHS Approved Riding Centre, Approved Training Centre & Approved Livery Yard
- We are a 5* Local Authority Approved Centre
- We provide continuous training towards your development and qualifications, as well as a financial contribution towards assessments
- All jobs include yard duties, including riding/schooling of horses
- Earn an apprenticeship wage
- 28 days paid holiday
- Friendly yard with wonderful clients who support each and every member of our RFEC community
- The best team of horses you will ever find
PLEASE EMAIL A CV AND COVER LETTER TO APPLY - INCLUDE DETAILS OF ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Apprenticeship Equine Groom
Posted: 35 Days ago
Apprenticeship equine groom
Posted: 34 Days ago