BGA Terms and Conditions
The British Grooms Association (BGA) operates this website to allow information relating to our work and initiatives to be freely available.
BGA uses its best efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information provided, however, no guarantees are given that the information contained within the website, associated with the website or linked to the website is accurate, complete or current.
We reserve the right to change website content at any time and without notice. Any information appearing on this website is issued as general information and is not warranted by BGA. No responsibility can be accepted by BGA for any act or omission resulting from the use of information or services contained within this website.
The content of this website is for information only and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice.
- Membership to the British Grooms Association is for 12 months and is non refundable or transferable.
- On joining the BGA will send you your BGA Welcome Pack within 14 days, if you do not receive it please contact us.
- Bronze, Silver and Platinum membership includes KBIS personal accident insurance cover of varying levels.
- Members will receive their insurance policy documents directly from KBIS, if they are not received within 14 days of renewal, please contact us to ensure membership has been successful.
- All membership cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duplicate memberships will be treated as individual memberships.The BGA holds no responsibility for duplication, it is for the individual to cancel their second membership. No refunds will be issued in the case of duplicate memberships.
- It is your responsibility to choose the correct level of membership for your requirements.
- Membership of the BGA does not give voting rights within the organisation.
- It being in our legitimate interest to do so, we will contact you both by post and, when applicable by email, to update you on your Membership status including reminders when it is due to expire.
- Members may also be contacted up to 18 months after the expiry date of their membership asking them to re-join. If you do not want to receive these communications please inform the Membership office either by phone or by email.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that membership fees are paid.
- You are required to inform us if you change your correspondence address (both email and postal). We will not be liable for any non-receipt of communication from us, including non-receipt of the renewal reminder.
- There is a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period following the start of a new or renewed BGA membership, KBIS insurance policy or renewal of an existing one, during which time you are legally entitled to cancel it.
- If you realise the error within this period, then you must contact us immediately to cancel, although you may incur some pro-rata costs for the time lapsed and £5.00 administration charge.
- We do not store your credit card details.
- Subject to any other statutory rights you may have, we do not provide refunds for any cancellations after the expiry of the cooling off period.
- Standard Membership Annual Direct Debit
- Direct Debit payments must not be cancelled until the first payment has been collected. The member is liable to pay the full cost of membership if the initial Direct Debit is not collected. The BGA will contact the member if a cancellation occurs prior this first settlement of fees.
- Your payment will be taken from your bank account on an annual basis at the end of your joining month. If you wish to cancel your Direct Debit, please inform your bank and the BGA in plenty of time before your membership is due for renewal.
- If you do not want to renew your membership you should contact us by telephone on 0345 331 6039 or 07590 258907 or at email@example.com at any point within your 12 month period and no later than 5pm on the working day preceding your renewal date.
- Standard and Rest of the World Membership Card Payment
- Your BGA membership is to be renewed at the end of each year, (this being 12 months from the date we confirm you have become a member or purchased access).
- If you have supplied an email address we will send you an electronic reminder approximately 3 weeks before your renewal is due to advise you of the details of the new subscription and again 7 days before.
- BGA insurance based memberships (Bronze, Silver & Platinum) Monthly Direct Debit
- Membership is for 12 months with 12 individual payments.
- Your payment agreement is directly with KBIS and administered by Premium Credit. Your payments will be for 12 months and then you will be renewed automatically, providing no claim has been made in the 12 months of the current policy.
- At time of renewal the member will receive communication informing of the automatic renewal of their membership.
- The member has the opportunity to cancel membership at this point and at any point in the cooling off period.The BGA membership is non refundable after the cooling off period, however the insurance can be cancelled.
- BGA insurance based memberships (Bronze, Silver & Platinum) Annual Card Payment
- When paid by card are membership is for 12 months.
- The membership must be renewed in full (ie the full payment taken) for it to be valid.
The member has the opportunity to cancel membership at this point and at any point in the cooling off period.The BGA membership is non refundable after the cooling off period, however the insurance can be cancelled. Providing that no claims have been made during this policy year.
The British Grooms Association is an Appointed Representative of KBIS Limited. KBIS are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference number 300861. KBIS’ status can be reviewed on the FCA register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register
BGA CONFIDENTIALITY CODE
What it means for YOU - Everything you tell us will be in absolute confidence. No-one outside of BGA will be informed without your consent, except in the very exceptional circumstances detailed below, when we would have a duty to disclose. Even in these circumstances, wherever possible, your consent would be sought.
What it means for US
Everyone who works within BGA is required to follow this confidentiality code no matter who they are. Exceptional circumstances are if there is a risk of harm to you or to others.
The BGA aims to help all those employed as a groom with any personal difficulty by providing a confidential, professional, specialised service.
The support provided is for information purposes only and the BGA takes no responsibility for the actions taken as a result of the advice given. It is recommended that you obtain independent legal advice if required.
Privacy and security
The BGA is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information collected from you in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act or as legally obliged by UK Government authorities.
We will not divulge your information to any third party now or at any time in future without first asking for your permission. You can check and change any information that we hold in your account page.
We do not store your credit card details nor bank details.
All personal information is treated in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 which gives you the right to see and have a copy of the personal information held on you.
We are GDPR Complaint. Read the Members Privacy Notice
Any purchase that is not clothing from the BGA shop can be returned within 14 days of purchase providing the goods are not damaged. You will receive a full refund or exchanged as required. You will be responsible for postage to return the goods.
All of our clothing is made to order. Because it’s bespoke to you, we unfortunately cannot accept returns.
Links to other websites
The provision on this website of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation to access material held at that location. Links to sites are provided for information purposes only and no responsibility is accepted for the quality of resources to be found.
The contents and material made available on linked sites are completely out with the control of BGA and as such no liability is accepted by BGA for any damages resulting from accessing or failing to access these sites. No endorsement is expressed or implied by the presence of a link on this website. No responsibility or liability for the privacy of personal information is accepted for linked websites, as these are beyond the control of BGA.
No warranty is given that files downloaded or accessed from this website are free from computer viruses. No warranties are made as to fitness for purpose, quality or completeness of information. BGA excludes any liability for errors in or omissions in information provided on or linked to from this website.
The terms and conditions of use of this website shall be governed by the laws of England.
Intellectual Property Rights
All content and materials on this site are protected by copyright and are owned or controlled by the BGA. You may download material for the nature it is intended only.
You must not copy, distribute or publish any material from this website. Any other use of copyright material belonging to BGA requires the formal permission of BGA.
This website is operated by British Grooms and Equestrian Employers Group
Registered Company Number 6146625 (Incorporated in England)