What BGA Insurance covers you for
To apply for the BGA KBIS personal accident insurance policies (Bronze, Silver and Platinum memberships) you must be carrying out grooming activities. KBIS will not accept applications from those who solely ride for a living or are proprietors of a yard – the BGA policies have been designed for grooms and students.
What the personal accident policy covers you for:
- Whilst at work
- All stable duties – mucking out, grooming, washing off, turning out
- Travelling horses both in the UK and abroad
- Riding – including hacking and jumping
- Breaking in
- Holding horse for a vet and other procedures
- Competing in line with your job including: jumping, dressage, eventing
- Injuries that may happen to you whilst you are teaching - but you must also be grooming as part of your duties and not be a sole instructor
What the personal accident policy doesn’t cover you for:
- Riding in a race, point to point or team chase
- Accidents occurring whilst travelling to and from work
- Riding and competing your own horse (but you can upgrade when applying for membership to include this)
- Public Liability – this is a separate insurance policy
- Care Custody and Control – this is a separate policy
- Stunt Riding
If you require additional cover then please contact KBIS directly or if you require Freelance Grooms Liability Insurance, discover more here.
Planning on riding or working abroad? Check out our Travel Insurance for grooms and horse riders.