BGA membership means you benefit by being part of a national association that represents grooms and provides you with a wide range of member benefits that can help support you in your professional and personal life as well as helping you to save money.
Our services are offered by specialist partners who we have carefully chosen as they understand the horse industry and the specific needs and requirements when working with horses, as well as delivering you real value for money.
Can you afford not to be a member? Have a look here at the membership benefits.
The BGA offers its members bespoke products all at a special price. Designed for grooms, these are the best you will find on the open market - we have done the research for our members!
- Access to a range of specialist Personal Accident Insurance offered by KBIS at highly competitive rates and with a variety of payment options to suit your needs and budget
- Working Travel Insurance, available at highly discounted rates for members through PJ Hayman Insurance Services
- Discounted Accountancy and Tax services provided by Butlers Accountancy giving an annual saving of 17% (at least £30) on your annual tax return and end of year accounts filing
- Access to the BGA Supporters discount scheme
We're here to support you throughout your career, whether you are just starting out in the industry or an experienced professional groom; whether you are an employee or working freelance. Becoming a member means you are only a click away from accessing support, advice and guidance on all groom related matters.
The BGA does not get involved in employer/employee relationships and will never contact your employer, all support is 100% confidential.
- Expert advice and guidance on a range of employment matters, including downloadable templates for every situation
- Free legal advice helpline provided by Morrish LLP Solicitors
- Member-only discounts on a variety of other legal services provided by Morrish LLP (conveyancing, family/matrimonial law)
- Career advice and support, including useful templates (CV's, Covering Letters etc) for you to download free of charge
- Toolkit for freelance grooms with guidance and resources on how to set up and manage your business. Download useful templates free of charge
Your career as a groom is important to us and we are committed to helping members develop throughout their career, ensuring you attain the highest professional standards.
As a member, benefit from our dedicated online information, training and development resources and add to your qualifications.
- Gain recognition for your skills as they develop on the job through the Equine Skills CV scheme – developed by Lantra and available only to BGA members
- Take part in Groom Clean e learning for free
- Gain an equine nutrition certification – developed by Spillers Horse Feeds
- Get your BEDMAX Certification in Bedding Management
- Continuing Professional Development programme in the form of “How to” grooming guides and videos
- Keep up to date with developments in the grooming profession through our British Grooms Magazine, free to all members and containing topical news, reports, practical information and professional issues. Back copies are available to read online.
We are the voice of the grooming profession in Britain, a responsibility we take very seriously. As a member body of the British Equestrian Federation (the national governing body for horse sports in the UK) we make sure your needs are heard at the highest level.
All membership options include sign in to restricted member zones, money saving opportunities and regular groom dedicated communications to keep you up to date with the latest news.
- 4 issues of British Grooms Magazine a year, delivered to your door
- A Welcome Pack with car sticker and membership card
- Free placement of Freelance Groom and Job Searching adverts
- Access to members only areas of the website
- Eligibility to enter all BGA competitions
Membership is for all grooms, you are all welcome! If you’re not yet a member don’t miss out and join today.