Posted: 61 Days ago
Full Time Groom
Days per week 5
Job Work Type Full time
Sector Riding School
Job Type Groom
Salary £19,760 to £20,280 per annum
St. Teresa's Effingham is an Independent Catholic Day and Boarding School for Girls aged 2-18, set in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the Surrey Hills. As part of the Schools drive to encourage pupils to achieve across a broad spectrum of educational opportunities, a new Equestrian Centre has been developed. Working closely with the Yard Manager, the Groom will assist in the further development of St. Teresa's Equestrian, striving for excellence at every turn.
- Assist in the daily care and well-being of all the horses and ponies, including routine treatments/first aid and exercise.
- Assist in ensuring that horses and ponies are ready for lessons on time, appropriately turned out and are cared for satisfactorily afterwards.
- Assist the instructors in guiding the pupils and clients to achieve high standards in all aspects of their work.
- Assist with maintaining yard records as appropriate.
- Assist with general yard tidiness and cleanliness to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all.
- Assist with daily feed checks, general pasture management and the process of turning out and catching in a range of horses and ponies.
- Assist with ensuring that any equipment needed for teaching is clean, in good repair, returned promptly and cared for.
- Assist with ensuring that safe practice is adhered to and that health and safety standards are met at all times by all staff and any visitors to the yard. Complete appropriate accident report forms when necessary.
- Assist with teaching duties where necessary i.e. leading lead rein riders and assisting with larger group of riders.
- Assist with open days, shows and events where necessary.
- Help prepare and set up for teaching activities, clubs, camps and competitions.
- Maintain standards as set by the Equestrian Centre Manager and Yard Manager, in all aspects of appearance, yard management and behaviour.
- Carry out evening and weekend shifts and cover staff absence where necessary.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of work, combining work and learning with fun and safety.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and pay grade at the discretion of the Yard Manager & Equestrian Centre Manager.
Posted: 2 Days ago
Posted: 11 Days ago