Some functionality of the website is not currently available due to technical difficulties. We're working on fixing the issue.


Your membership is live and you are a BGA Member!

We are delighted you belong to your professional association and hope that you enjoy your membership.

You now have access to the member’s areas of our website and so please save your login details somewhere safe. 


The BGA website has been designed to support all grooms, discover what you get as a member: 


Have you considered?

You have selected the Standard level of membership, this does not include any personal accident insurance; working with horses can be hazardous.

The BGA policies are both affordable and suitable for your job.

Discover more about why you need insurance and simply give us a call if you would like to upgrade your membership.



We are here to help

If you meet any problems with using the website or your BGA membership please do contact us

The BGA team is unable to always man the phone or email, so please do leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. 


What the personal accident policy covers you for:

  • Whilst at work
  • All stable duties – mucking out, grooming, washing off, turning out
  • Clipping
  • Riding – including hacking and jumping
  • Hunting
  • Lunging
  • Breaking in
  • Holding horse for a vet and other procedures
  • Travelling horses both in the UK and abroad
  • Competing in line with your job including: jumping, dressage, eventing
  • Injuries that may happen to you whilst you are teaching - but you must also be grooming as part of your duties and not be a sole instructor

What the personal accident policy doesn’t cover you for:

  • Riding in a race, point to point or team chase
  • Stunt Riding
  • Accidents occurring whilst travelling to and from work
  • Riding and competing your own horse (but you can upgrade when applying for membership to include this)
  • Public Liability – this is a separate insurance policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance
  • Care Custody and Control – this is a separate policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance

If you require additional cover then please contact KBIS directly.


When you are working for other people you do most of the following; muck out, turn out/catch in, tack up, groom horses, exercise Horses (including hacking, jumping and schooling), in the care of your employer/client.




Predominantly ride horses for other people including schooling, exercising and competing.   

 Provide grooming services for someone else either full time or on a freelance basis i.e. an employer or a client.   


Employ staff – have an employers liability policy in your name NO NO YES
Buy and sell horses NO YES YES