Some functionality of the website is not currently available due to technical difficulties. We're working on fixing the issue.

BGA Partner with Haygain

Professional membership body, the British Grooms Association (BGA) are delighted to announce their partnership with global horse health company, Haygain.

With both organisations sharing a strong ethos on promoting best practice and equine well-being, the fit between the BGA and Haygain is a natural one.

The announcement of the partnership has been welcomed by Edzo Wisman, CEO of Haygain who said, “Haygain is honoured to become a partner of the BGA. As a horse health company, we appreciate the countless hours grooms spend caring for their horses behind the scenes, their ability to catch health and performance issues in their earliest and most treatable stages, and their dedication to providing care that prevents problems whenever possible.

"Haygain fully supports the association’s important work of improving professional opportunities, providing career development tools and bringing grooms the recognition they so richly deserve."

“We are thrilled to welcome Haygain and look forward to being able to share their wealth of health care expertise with our members. We are passionate about best practice and look forward to working together.”

Lucy Katan, Executive Director of the BGA

For further information on Haygain and their range of products visit:


Back to news home


What the personal accident policy covers you for:

  • Whilst at work
  • All stable duties – mucking out, grooming, washing off, turning out
  • Clipping
  • Riding – including hacking and jumping
  • Hunting
  • Lunging
  • Breaking in
  • Holding horse for a vet and other procedures
  • Travelling horses both in the UK and abroad
  • Competing in line with your job including: jumping, dressage, eventing
  • Injuries that may happen to you whilst you are teaching - but you must also be grooming as part of your duties and not be a sole instructor

What the personal accident policy doesn’t cover you for:

  • Riding in a race, point to point or team chase
  • Stunt Riding
  • Accidents occurring whilst travelling to and from work
  • Riding and competing your own horse (but you can upgrade when applying for membership to include this)
  • Public Liability – this is a separate insurance policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance
  • Care Custody and Control – this is a separate policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance

If you require additional cover then please contact KBIS directly.


When you are working for other people you do most of the following; muck out, turn out/catch in, tack up, groom horses, exercise Horses (including hacking, jumping and schooling), in the care of your employer/client.




Predominantly ride horses for other people including schooling, exercising and competing.   

 Provide grooming services for someone else either full time or on a freelance basis i.e. an employer or a client.   


Employ staff – have an employers liability policy in your name NO NO YES
Buy and sell horses NO YES YES

Your item has been added to the basket

You need to create an account, or login before you can add this item to your basket.