Some functionality of the website is not currently available due to technical difficulties. We're working on fixing the issue.

Recruitment of Chair and Financial Director

Due to a natural progression, the British Grooms Association (BGA) and Equestrian Employers Association (EEA) have two exciting opportunities to join the Board of the industry’s fastest growing organisations.

The BGA and EEA are seeking to recruit a new Chair to lead the organisations through the next stage of their growth, and a Financial Director to direct and advise on the financial management.

Both organisations have seen year-on-year growth and are now ready to move to the next level with the addition of two driven and motivated individuals who would like to give something back to the industry.

Find out more and how to apply on the links below:

Chair Recruitment Pack 

Financial Director Recruitment Pack 

Applications welcomed before Friday 21st January 2022. For further information email Lucy Katan. 


Back to news home


What the personal accident policy covers you for:

  • Whilst at work
  • All stable duties – mucking out, grooming, washing off, turning out
  • Clipping
  • Riding – including hacking and jumping
  • Hunting
  • Lunging
  • Breaking in
  • Holding horse for a vet and other procedures
  • Travelling horses both in the UK and abroad
  • Competing in line with your job including: jumping, dressage, eventing
  • Injuries that may happen to you whilst you are teaching - but you must also be grooming as part of your duties and not be a sole instructor

What the personal accident policy doesn’t cover you for:

  • Riding in a race, point to point or team chase
  • Stunt Riding
  • Accidents occurring whilst travelling to and from work
  • Riding and competing your own horse (but you can upgrade when applying for membership to include this)
  • Public Liability – this is a separate insurance policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance
  • Care Custody and Control – this is a separate policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance

If you require additional cover then please contact KBIS directly.


When you are working for other people you do most of the following; muck out, turn out/catch in, tack up, groom horses, exercise Horses (including hacking, jumping and schooling), in the care of your employer/client.




Predominantly ride horses for other people including schooling, exercising and competing.   

 Provide grooming services for someone else either full time or on a freelance basis i.e. an employer or a client.   


Employ staff – have an employers liability policy in your name NO NO YES
Buy and sell horses NO YES YES

Your item has been added to the basket

You need to create an account, or login before you can add this item to your basket.