Some functionality of the website is not currently available due to technical difficulties. We're working on fixing the issue.
Discounted accountancy


Butlers Accountants

Butlers Accountancy LLP is a friendly family firm who really understand the challenges of the equine industry. They specialise in helping small businesses with their accountancy and tax services.

Butlers offer a wide range of services from book keeping to annual tax returns and business planning. To discover more visit their website:


Employers Zone Accounts DISCOUNT

With access to the Equine Employers Zone a unique discount is possible on managing your business accounts. The service includes:

  • Book keeping, annual accounts & tax return
  • unlimited calls & emails
  • registration with HMRC for self assessment and national insurance
  • advice on business structure
  • advice re what income and expenses to include etc.
  • advice re VAT registration and returns where required
  • provide cash book, spreadsheet, online accounts or discuss what needed for record keeping
  • set up or review current accounting system
  • quarterly book keeping and business information
  • 15% discount on normal rates
  • pay monthly

The discounted service is typically £25-40 per month depending on business size. (excludes payroll and there might be additional charges for limited companies).

To gain access to the discounted service you will need to belong to the Employers Zone. 




Please contact Butlers directly for more information at   (and quote your Employers Zone access number)


What the personal accident policy covers you for:

  • Whilst at work
  • All stable duties – mucking out, grooming, washing off, turning out
  • Clipping
  • Riding – including hacking and jumping
  • Hunting
  • Lunging
  • Breaking in
  • Holding horse for a vet and other procedures
  • Travelling horses both in the UK and abroad
  • Competing in line with your job including: jumping, dressage, eventing
  • Injuries that may happen to you whilst you are teaching - but you must also be grooming as part of your duties and not be a sole instructor

What the personal accident policy doesn’t cover you for:

  • Riding in a race, point to point or team chase
  • Stunt Riding
  • Accidents occurring whilst travelling to and from work
  • Riding and competing your own horse (but you can upgrade when applying for membership to include this)
  • Public Liability – this is a separate insurance policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance
  • Care Custody and Control – this is a separate policy - the Freelance Groom Liability Insurance

If you require additional cover then please contact KBIS directly.


When you are working for other people you do most of the following; muck out, turn out/catch in, tack up, groom horses, exercise Horses (including hacking, jumping and schooling), in the care of your employer/client.




Predominantly ride horses for other people including schooling, exercising and competing.   

 Provide grooming services for someone else either full time or on a freelance basis i.e. an employer or a client.   


Employ staff – have an employers liability policy in your name NO NO YES
Buy and sell horses NO YES YES